Thursday, March 4, 2010

Trip to the Orthopedic Clinic

What to write what to write what to write? I'll tell you a bit of my trip to the doctor last night.

I went to the doctor because I've had some back pain that didn't go away. I did it all on my own, too. Pretty good, eh? Got an X-ray, all of my bones are fine (and, may I say, I've got some fine-lookin' bones). It's either a slipped disk, which isn't likely after the doctor had me do some stretches, or a pulled muscle. So, I got a corset and some medicine, and I'm good to go. Before leaving, I went to the rehabilitation room.

They put electric jellyfish on my back. That's what it felt like, anyways. Vibrating, slightly squishy, circles. Then they hooked me up to the molestation chair. I kid you not. You sit in it and the nurse straps you in. Then the chair itself lowers these arm bars that hold you in place by the armpits and it falls backwards, so you're facing the ceiling. Then the entire thing starts moving, jiggling, and vibrating over you. It was terrifying. Even the seatbelt part squeezes in and out over your crotch. And you wonder where crazy hentai comes from.

Lastly was the water bed. This was actually pretty cool. It was just a water bed that massages you. I guess it has the effect of cleansing your sins after your dalliance with the molesting chair.

Also, I taught my MJ lesson today. It was awesome. I dressed up as "Michael Jackson." And I taught the kids how to moonwalk and do the thriller dance. They really got into it. Yeah, my powerpoint was kickass. What what?

My friend is arriving here in a week, I can't wait to show him around and freak him out in Tokyo! I'm going to take him to a restaurant called Alcatraz ER. Google it, if you dare, bruahaha. One double-hyphenated word: Russian-Roulette-Sushi.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Freak me out eh? more like freak Japan out with me!

Statcounter

About Me

Hi, I'm Greg, but you can call me by my Japanese name, Gureggu, if you'd like. I'm writing this blog to explain effective ways to do business with Japan and Japanese companies. Why? Japanese companies are notoriously difficult to understand, and doing business in Japan has a unique set of hurdles.

Why I'm qualified to write about Japan: I have worked in Japan for a total of 8 years. I worked sales at a Japanese import/export company (subsidiary of a much larger corporation) as the only foreigner in the company. Before that, I taught for 2 years at High Schools and 3 years teaching elementary and middle school in Aomori Prefecture. I have lived the life of a salaryman and experienced firsthand the institutions that shape Japanese people in their most formative years.