Friday, October 17, 2008

Quick Request

I have one request for you, Japan. If you are going to have 1-way streets, please do not put traffic lights that are facing the incorrect driving direction. When you do this, it makes people think that they are driving in the correct direction.

I think you might be able to guess what happened today. It's ok though, it was a harmless accident. No one was even close to getting hurt...the streets are too small and narrow to go more than 10 mph anyways. Oh, Japan!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bwahahahaha.
I even have NEVER seen the one-way street in Japan.
I mean, aren't all of them kinda one-way? Or sometimes they are even narrower than one-way street here in the States.... lol

Greg said...

I think that they all SHOULD be 1-way streets, considering there are 2-way streets that are maybe as wide as the entrance to my apartment...

Statcounter

About Me

Hi, I'm Greg, but you can call me by my Japanese name, Gureggu, if you'd like. I'm writing this blog to explain effective ways to do business with Japan and Japanese companies. Why? Japanese companies are notoriously difficult to understand, and doing business in Japan has a unique set of hurdles.

Why I'm qualified to write about Japan: I have worked in Japan for a total of 8 years. I worked sales at a Japanese import/export company (subsidiary of a much larger corporation) as the only foreigner in the company. Before that, I taught for 2 years at High Schools and 3 years teaching elementary and middle school in Aomori Prefecture. I have lived the life of a salaryman and experienced firsthand the institutions that shape Japanese people in their most formative years.